Does hiring a tax relief attorney guarantee that i won't have to pay any taxes owed to the irs?

You agree that you owe a debt to the IRS, but you can't pay it because of your financial situation. If the IRS agrees, you can place your account in currently uncollectible status. If you are seeking tax help from the IRS, you should seek out a qualified IRS tax lawyer. An IRS tax lawyer is familiar with tax laws and can represent you in Tax Court if you have to go there.

If you hire a tax lawyer, they will discuss and negotiate for you. They can help you explain all of the IRS tax relief solutions that you qualify for and what that would mean for you. Innocent spouse aid only applies to taxes due on your spouse's income from employment or self-employment. Most tax lawyers will ask you to sign a letter of commitment or some type of agreement that outlines what they will do for you.

Alternatively, you may want to be proactive and hire a tax lawyer to help you with your taxes so you don't have any conflict with the IRS. You can use your tax return from the previous year as a guide and Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals, has a worksheet that helps you calculate your estimated payments. The IRS has observed that an increasing number of taxpayers are subject to estimated tax penalties, which apply when someone pays less than what they pay their taxes. They can help you defend tax deductions or other tax items and avoid tax problems in the future by ensuring that you file your taxes correctly and pay the taxes due on time and efficiently.

You can use estimated tax payments to pay both income tax and self-employment tax (Social Security and Medicare). You must apply for help for innocent spouses within 2 years after receiving a notification from the IRS about an audit or taxes due due to an error in your return. When you file a joint tax return with your spouse, regardless of how you file it, you are both responsible for the tax and for any interest or penalties due. This gives you and your tax lawyer an advantage, as they will better understand what your financial situation is like and what it should be like.

Yes, any type of lawyer can represent you, but a qualified tax lawyer will have the experience and knowledge you need to resolve your tax problem efficiently. If you don't qualify for other forms of tax relief, you can get an exemption for paying taxes that your spouse underestimated or underpaid if it weren't fair to hold you responsible based on all the facts and circumstances. You can also make estimated tax payments if the withholding of your salary, pension, or other income doesn't cover your income tax for the year. If you owe back taxes or are facing a tax audit, you can work closely with a revenue officer or an IRS revenue agent.