Can a tax relief attorney help me file an offer in compromise with the irs?

A compromise offer is a late tax assistance program that allows taxpayers to pay a portion of their back taxes as full payment. While a tax lawyer can help you prepare and file a compromise offer, you don't have to work with an attorney to use this program. Under no circumstances should you submit a compromise offer without an experienced tax lawyer. Announcements about how to pay off your tax debt by cents on the dollar usually refer to the process of requesting a commitment offer from the IRS (OIC), which is an IRS program designed to help people pay at least part of their tax debt.

The IRS can return your offer to you once it's been processed, if you don't file your tax returns on time, make estimated tax payments, properly adjust your tax withholding, or make federal tax deposits. Any money you pay to an experienced tax lawyer will pay for itself in the reduced settlement amount. The tax resolution, which offers both immediate and long-term solutions, could be the answer you've been looking for. If you owe taxes to the IRS, a compromise offer allows you to pay off your tax debt for less than the full amount you owe.

Frost Law is comprised of specialized tax lawyers, business lawyers, trial lawyers, probate lawyers, certified public accountants, certified financial planners, and other tax professionals. For the IRS to accept an offer, you must file all tax returns due and be up to date with estimated tax payments or withholding. You can hire a qualified tax professional or a tax relief company to help you do the paperwork, but it's not mandatory and the money you pay them may be more than the money you expect to save on your taxes.